Sunday 19 October 2014

Superfood Hero - Wheatgrass

I thought that wheatgrass was one of those things that only extreme health food junkies would drink. The few times that I have had wheatgrass in the past I nearly gagged from the taste. I would toss it back like I was doing a shot and then shudder at the bitter aftertaste. Could good health really be worth subjecting myself to such taste torment?



Wheatgrass belongs to a specific group of superfoods that are called super greens, and these mainly include the leafy green vegetables such as spinach, rocket, kale, chard, and broccoli. After reading further on all the added the health benifits and the fact that wheatgrass is super high in protein, fibre, vitamins, amino acids, enzymes and can strengthen your immune system (mine has always been rather low), I found myself wanting to turn to this green juice once more. Not to mention that wheatgrass is extremely cleansing, detoxifying and provides an incredible boost in your energy levels! It's crazy to think that just one ounce of wheatgrass has the same nutritional value as 2.5 pounds of leafy green vegetables. Now, second time around, I have rediscovered wheatgrass and have found that I actually do not mind the taste! Just one ounce... I can handle that! Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment