Tuesday 24 November 2015

My Sister's Closet Celebrates 30 Years

Good consignment stores {ones that deal with quality items} are like hidden gems in Victoria. That's why I was so excited to find My Sister's Closet a few years ago. I take pride and care of my clothing and it's comforting knowing that pieces I no longer wish to own myself, will receive the same care. That's what I have found with the owners and staff at My Sister's Closet Consignment. This locally owned family business is celebrating 30 years of taking in beautiful, fashionable and well looked after apparel and giving another fashionista the chance to love it just as much as you did!
I sat down with Lin and Laurie over a delicious breakfast at Bubby's Kitchen and heard the story of how Lin started her Fairfield Plaza business and who's who in the shop. 
Congratulations Ladies! Xx

"I remember my grade 9 typing teacher telling me that I must never try and have anything to do with business once my marks were revealed, but she said I will pass you because you have been so much fun to have in my class. Well Miss Parks, where ever you are... It's been 30 years for business and fun for My Sister's Closet."

"Many hairdo's, shoulder pads and shoe styles later, we are still a family shop. My daughter Laurie is now our manager and I am the grey-haired part time worker, who does enjoy seeing many customers from 'the old days' who are now shopping with not only their daughters, but their grand-daughters, yikes!"



"Thanks to wonderful staff that are like family as well as all our loyal customers, we look forward to another 30 years!... Oh wait, I'll be 93!... More wine please!"

-Lin {owner of My Sister's Closet Consignment Store}

No comments:

Post a Comment